We’re Oasis California, the LGBT Ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of California. covering the Bay Area in northern California, we can help you find an Episcopal Church where you will feel at home, meet other LGBT Episcopalians, and help our church minister to LGBT folks. Media coverage often misses the point that moderate and progressive Christians do not share the views of some conservative Christians.
Our mission commits us to . . .
- a network of Oasis Congregations that extend themselves in welcoming LGBT people
- pastorally sensitive care for LGBT people in dealing with spiritual concerns
- the spiritual empowerment of LGBT people
- sharing the Good News of Christ
- witness and education
- advocacy for the full inclusion of LGBT people throughout the Church
Oasis/California works collaboratively with other LGBT and social advocacy organizations in the Episcopal Church. For example…
- Oasis/California is an “Integrity Partner” and we encourage our constituents to become members of Integrity.
- We share bonds of affection (and a name) with such diocesan organizations as The Oasis (Newark) and Oasis/Missouri.
- We share commonalities in mission with Beyond Inclusion, a LGBT ministry of All Saints’, Pasadena.
- Oasis/California is part of Claiming the Blessing, a collaborative effort to obtain, at the General Convention of the Episcopal Church, authorization for the development of a rite for the blessing of couples in committed relationships.
- We support the work of the Consultation, a coalition of independent peace and justice organizations within the Episcopal Church.
- Oasis/California is one of several advocacy ministries in the Social Ministries Department of the Episcopal Diocese of California. Go to www.diocal.org for more information, or phone the diocesan office at (415) 673-5015
Across the Bay Area, Episcopal Churches welcome LGBT folks to worship with us, sing in our choirs, and become full members of our congregations. We also work closely with the San Francisco Night Ministry, the Collation of Welcoming Congregations, TransEpiscopal, and Integrity.
Sign up to receive our regular e-newsletter, action alerts, and invitations to Oasis California events.